PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Want to try 17” on S-line setup

MeAudi
30-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi all,
Time to own up..... I have a love hate relationship with my A4 and have been looking to exit the fold but the real problem is that I’m struggling to find anything that I really like!
I’ve been on a couple of test drives and then get back in the A4 and really love the inside and the spec/colour that I have.
However, I then start driving it and the problems arise. There’s the thirst (I don’t think 23mpg is really very good but not much I can do anything about) and the ride quality (which could, perhaps, be sorted).
I know this will go against many on the forum but I’ve got the 18” alloys which look brilliant and are so easy to clean but, they just upset the ride on the really bad roads where I live. I’ve put up with this for 3 years but I’ve had enough especially where the rubber is cold and harder at this time of year.
So, anyone out there with an S-Line with 17” alloys that lives near Warminster that would be prepared to let me have a drive of theirs (I am insured) to see what it’s like on 17”? Ideally, a 2.0TFSI rather than a diesel? If that sorts the problem then it’s a shopping trip to e-bay.

Many thanks.

darich
30-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Im running 235x40x18 tyres on my 2.0tfsi and the ride is fine

Im about to re-fit my 19" wheels running 235x35x19 and the ride is still fine having used those sheels and tyres for a couple of years now

Pity you werent closer to glasgow-I'd be happy to take you out in my car

mcmolloy
01-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I swapped my 18" alloys for 17"s in an attempt to improve the harsh ride.It didn't
didn't make a huge difference.The only advantage is the tyres are a bit cheaper.