PDA

View Full Version : Viezu Eco or Power Map for Jetta 1.9TDI 105hp?

TDiBoraSam
29-01-2012, 10:38 AM
All,

After some time away from the forum, during a period of French car ownership, I'm back to VW with a 57reg Jetta.

Thinking of having it remapped. Having spoken to my local Viezu agent, it seems that it's possible to get better fuel economy improvements using a power map rather than a blue optimise map....as long as the car is driven sensibly, which mine would be.

So, I'm not sure which map to go for? Also, not sure what the mechanical limitations of the 105hp engine are? I don't want a ruined clutch or turbo after a few miles! Is a power map going to be pushing the engine too much?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sam.

phil miller
29-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi Sam, ive got the same engine in my 2004 golf and my OH has in her 2007 golf we have had both remapped to 140 mine hers 135, mine is a power map and yes it is much better on fuel now, mine was done by viezu about 18months ago i have a vid on youtube of it on the rollers, now mine has done 145k on the same clutch, althou now i do get a bit of judder if im in say 4th doing 30 an put my foot down, my OHs golf is spot on no judder (hers has only done 59k) we mapped it at 35k, mine has judder simply because it is worn out due to mileage not the extra power, do it get it done by viezu you will never regret it, i swear by that mate

TDiBoraSam
30-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the reply and advice.

I reckon I will get it done because the engine really does feel restricted. Particularly slow off the mark. My mate's A3 is the same.

I do think my clutch might not have too much more life in it though. I get juddering at low revs in 3rd gear sometimes. So, might get a Sachs conversion..