PDA

View Full Version : Question Need Bristol Member with Diagnostics- Avant 2.5TDi Dead after ECS light came on :-/

avantjay
28-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi All.

I have a 2006 2.5 TDi B7 Avant Multitronic.

Have noticed recently that it has been a little hard to start. When it has trouble and eventually does I get a cloud of black smoke upon startup.

Yesterday she died a little under accelleration and I got alot of black smoke and the ECS light came on. No smoke under normal operation after that but just the ecs light.

I took her for a run today to try to burn the ECS sensor off a little. Had very limited power under load and got the traction controll light come on for some reason.

Tied to start her this evening and she ran but was misfiring and smoking a bit. Heavy smell of diesel from behind.

No she wont start and is dead on the driveway.

Need someone with a VAGCOM or equivalent to diagnose before I send it into the sharks.

Thoughts?

avantjay
29-01-2012, 11:55 AM
It was a fuel pump control code according to the diagnostics from the AA man. I have left it at my local garage for a fix in th eweek.

I understand there are two parts to the 6 cylinder injector pump. The Pump and the control unit. I am hoping that the belt has just slipped a little and the timimg is out.

Anyone have any experience here?