PDA

View Full Version : How to program a replacement ABS Controller & Setup G85 Steering Control Sensor???

Tecnic91687
27-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi Everyone. I recently had an ABS Controller failure (65535) no communication. I had Audi check it and they stated that the whole unit required replacing which costs £1856. After I awoke, I said I will find a secondhand one. I sent it to Ecu-Testing, but they also said it was beyond replair. I bought one from Ebay, but even though I have VCDS, I cannot seem to be able to set it all up. One requirement is to set up the G85 Steering control. In VCDS under measurement block 5, the steering angle sensor is fixed on -2.5. If I rotate the steering wheel either way, the value stays stuck on -2.5.
Is there a way to reset this? If I login and select the coding and then go into Basic Settings, I go to block 001 for G85 Steering Control Sensor, but I just see an error.
Am I being a numpty and missing a step somewhere? I'm 99% sure I have the login and coding values correct!

phil miller
27-01-2012, 10:56 PM
i had a similar prob on mine and it was the torque sensor in the rack had failed, as the brake system and steering system are all linked you need to check everything, what settings are you following?