PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy/Sharan Locking problems

chrisvrscrx
26-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I know its not a VW but the Galaxy is still the same. My mum has a 98 tdi. The central locking is very spradic and some times the car can only be opened from the boot or the passenger side. Does anyone know whats causing this and/or how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Eshrules
26-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I know its not a VW but the Galaxy is still the same. My mum has a 98 tdi. The central locking is very spradic and some times the car can only be opened from the boot or the passenger side. Does anyone know whats causing this and/or how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

have you checked for physical obstructions?

you could try lubing with some wd40 to see if the lock mechanisms are a little stiff.

the other cause could be the battery, have you checked for output voltage to make sure the battery is holding charge? weak battery to me, would cause slow/dodgy CL.

cbrpaul
27-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi m8 ,

My first port of call will be the cables that run from the door pillers into the doors themselves !!!

These wires are prone to breaking due to the doors opening and closing , just pull the rubber tubing back and check the wires going into each door

Also , there is a little plunger on the bottom of the door frames which tells the CL system that all doors are shut , if these are sticking open the cl will not operate as it thinks a door is open still

Of course there is always the fact your remote key battery is going flat !!!!

Check that and let us know your findings!!!

:beerchug: