PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling titles from media files

KAM
25-01-2012, 10:43 PM
:o
Really nit-picking here. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the info (track titles and album titles) to scroll on the MMI?
I'm sorry, but I have quite a bit of classical music on an SD card. When I try to find or display a specific item, all I get is multiple apparently identical entries. A track title like "BEETHOVEN - Piano Sonata No. 23 in F Major - (i) Allegro" gets truncated to something like BEETHOVEN - Piano Sonata No. ...
I've no way of telling which is which since each of these extended titles all get chopped off.
I really don't want to start re-tagging all these mp3s solely for the A6.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

nealeb
27-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I also find it a bit annoying that the MMI shows file names rather than title, until the track starts playing. I mostly listen to downloaded radio programmes, though, and the utility I use to do this doesn't produce the ideal format. I use another utility called MP3TAG (freeware - works pretty well and fairly quick to use once you're used to it) to reset titles and so on. At least you can make the first part of the title meaningful! I believe, though, that if you have something playing and dive into the media menu structure somewhere, you can select "info" which gives you a fuller version of title and so on - although I'm not sure that it gives the whole of a long title even then.

KAM
27-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi

Thanks for the reply.
I spent some time (and money) over the years acquiring LPs and CDs, and now MP3s. I've thoroughly catalogued all my albums and tracks (I can't find a :nerd: smiley to use at this point) There are ~1650 albums, ~22000 tracks. I've ripped them all now to mp3 and I've spent many a lonely evening tweaking and writing the metadata from my cataloguing software to the mp3 tags.
(Plug: CATraxx from http://www.fnprg.com/ Not free, but possibly the best, most flexible and best supported single piece of software I've ever used.)
My PC audio player will happily scroll titles, my Squeezebox linking it all to my living-room hi-fi will happily scroll titles and more. I won't go backwards now and start truncating data. I'd just hoped that there might be a trick somewhere in the MMI to overcome this.

It's a minor issue really. If that's the worst I can say about my A6 I must have a pretty fine vehicle!