PDA

View Full Version : MMI version - 2011 Q7 3.0T S-line (272hp)

habeebhashim
24-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi,

Just ordered by Q7 3.0T (272hp) S-Line body. This will be my 1st Audi as I had Alfa's and Beemers before this. This question of MMI version is driving me crazy though. Just not able to pin down exactly what is 2G or 3G.

I've seen the car that the agent has imported for me. Delays in registration due to Chinese New Year holidays here in Singapore. Hope to get it this coming Monday. From my brief interaction with the car, I know it has the following;

1) says Audi Multimedia with 2 SD slots on the dash. No CD changer but one slot for CD?
2) MMI control knob does not have a joystick, but all other buttons including NAV is there
3) The screen is 6.5" from what I remember. Has color but don't know if this the same as newer higher resolutions screens
4) Has blutooth phone connectivity. I paired with the iphone and that worked well.
5) Temperature control for front(?) and rear slides out when adjusted.
6) can change individual car setup and air suspensions settings
7) Does not have reverse camera but has front and rear sensors on display

My question is.... is this version of MMI 2G or 3G?

Appreciate any clarifications. Thanks!
Habeeb

Guest 2
24-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome :)

From your description you have 3G DVD system.

habeebhashim
24-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Well that's good(?) news. Thanks for the reply. I'm planning on getting the reverse camera and the cost is a bit more for 2G systems. Still, I wish they'd be more clear in the website.