PDA

View Full Version : Which suspension kit for my golf?

carrmrc96
26-07-2007, 12:06 AM
I've got a mk4 Golf GT TDI and i'm looking at lowering my car. whats the best suspension kits to go for? I'm looking to spend between £200-£300. Been looking at the Koni STR.T kit.

v6dub
26-07-2007, 09:04 AM
hey mate have you looked here.
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/vw%20golfmk4/suspension.html
might help you!!!
:beerchug:

vee-dub-golf
26-07-2007, 08:21 PM
A Tip On Lowering Your Golf By The Way !!!

Now I Hardly Know Anything About Motors But i know This, I Was Looking 2 Lower My Golf I Got Told 2 Change The Shocks As Well because If You Get 35mm Springs Then The Shocks will wear excessively You Can Pick Up A Suspenion Kit Up For About £250.

As For What Kind .... I Have Been Told A lot ..... Been Told Eiback Are The Best For Golf Then Been Told Kw Also Spax.

You Can Get A Spax Suspension Kit That Lowers 35mm A Think It Is For 270 Ish As Fir Eiback And Kw ... Maybe Double That But As They Say You Get What You Pay For .

carrmrc96
26-07-2007, 08:21 PM
yeh looked at that, i can get the stuff on there a bit cheaper elsewhere. just wondering whats the best for the sort of money i want 2 spend. Just fitted my 18s and the car doesn't need lowering as much as i thought. think 30mm would b plenty.

Shipz
27-07-2007, 02:08 PM
yeh looked at that, i can get the stuff on there a bit cheaper elsewhere. just wondering whats the best for the sort of money i want 2 spend. Just fitted my 18s and the car doesn't need lowering as much as i thought. think 30mm would b plenty.

I've got a Bora myself, which should have the same stuff as a golf mk4. I put some 18's on, and the gap i had between the arch and wheel was enormous! - especially at the back.

I didnt want to spend too much and avoided the idea of buying just springs.

i ended up buying a koni suspension kit which lowered all around by about 35mm. Managed to get it at a good price as well ;) THE CHANGE IN LOOKS AND HANDLING WAS AMAZING!

avoid going for the cheap kits you get on ebay, because you never know how long they will last!

gmax, spax seem to be the entry level and koni,eibach etc are more nearer the top i think??

i've got some pics of how it looked before and after so if you need more info/pics, let me know.

Stevef.
27-07-2007, 09:00 PM
I put a GMAX 20mm kit on dropped the car about 25mm, much better handling but rides a bit harsh ,3 year warranty with gas/oil shocks cost £210:D

carrmrc96
28-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Think ive made my mind up. I will prob get the koni str.t kit and lower it 35mm. Im used to harsh rides after owning a clio sport which was lowered 40mm. i like hard suspension cos it get rids of body roll which gives u more courage on the corners. lol

davey_boy
16-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi, i'm after the KONI STR.T kit for my GOLF GTTDI, could anyone recommend the cheapest place to buy it. Thanks

davey_boy
16-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Also, does anyone have wxperiance with this kit.
Ta

Also

kahunajb
16-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I ve got one on order from Larkspeed in Leeds for £245 which is the cheapest i ve seen it but going to have to wait 2 weeks before it comes in also seen it in rimstyle.com all kits £249 in performance VW mag. Theres also a review from one of the writers who fitted it to their car in this months edition.

kahunajb
16-08-2007, 08:05 PM
carrmrc96 let us know what its like if you get it. also does anyone know if you can use your existing bump stops or do you have to buy new ones I forgot to ask in the shop.

davey_boy
17-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Cheers mate, will have a look today

carrmrc96
19-08-2007, 11:28 PM
price depends really how low u wanna drop it but larkspeed is the cheapest i think ive seen around. im gonna get the 40mm version instead of the 35mm. gonna get it ordered in 2 weeks.