PDA

View Full Version : Hid Replacement Please Help!!!!

baztheman
22-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi all i have just purchased a set of H7 HID XENON KIT CANBUS conversion - UK stock! 6000k & 8000k AUDI A3 , a4, golf

from ebay but i have read that hid conversions can destroy your wiper motor, i have not received them yet and now am worried about fitting them when they come.

i did have a set on my last car (vectra) and they worked ok but i have read on the net about the aftermarket hids breaking the wiper motors on a3's but i need some solid advice first.... cheers baz

my car is a 2007 A4 (56 plate)

kite
22-01-2012, 10:39 PM
And will also fail its MOT after April.

using tapatalk from my phone

Guest 2
22-01-2012, 10:44 PM
And will also blind people!

But yes, I've heard of hid kits burning out motors on some cars. Not sure why though.

darich
22-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Kite is correct.

If you don't have HIDs fitted from the factory then after market ones, to be legal, must have automatic levelling and a washer system.
There may be other requirements but I know the above two to be definites.

If the cops pull you in for dazzling them, then you'll be unlikely to be driving the rest of the way home, unless the cops allow you to drive off in an illegal car after stopping you (unlikely, but possible)

Pork
23-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Hooray, no more stupid chavving blue lights blinding me on the way home!

Must've missed this news - although I thought it has always been illegal to fit them to a headlight that wasn't designed for them in the first place.

Probably be equally well enforced as using a mobile while driving or being creative with your number plate!
^Thats sarcasm BTW