PDA

View Full Version : Question front o/s tyre inner shoulder wear after suspension/steering work

albion80
22-01-2012, 07:35 PM
I know there are a few threads on abnormal tyre wear but i really need to know what to do about the inner shoulder wear im getting on the front drivers side after having the lower arm ball joint replaced.

I did ask if they would need to check wheel alignment/tracking after doing suvh work but they said not - is this right?

The car performs fine and there is no play in any of the control arm links etc..

If its anything - what would it most likely be?

CHeers in advance!

J

kenney
22-01-2012, 07:40 PM
it goes without saying replacing any parts on the suspension or steering requires for at least the tracking to be checked

albion80
22-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeh thats what i thought! Dodgy garage..

A funny creak/squeak has also developed in that corner of the car when driving over rough ground, especially when load is focussed there i.e. when braking downhill in that corner...is it likely that theyve overtightened something as its kind of a 'rubbery' sound maybe from a bush?

Sorry to sound vague - its driving me mad!

J

kenney
22-01-2012, 09:08 PM
i wouldn't imagine overtightening the bolts would cause that,if anything they might be too loose,regardless of that the fact the inner shoulder of the one tyre is worn suggests something is wrong with the alignment

allias3g
23-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Alignment/tracking should be check everytime you change suspension parts. You change angles and if you hear "dont need doing it" then dont listen to them. Wear problem will be down to camber problem or toe problem. You need proper 4 wheel alignemnt checked out.

As far as noise... it could be (dont know your suspension setup) that some arm bolts been tightned while handing what puts your bushes under pressure when you put it back on road and that can create squicking noise after suspension work was done - unless there is something wrong in general.

Have it checked at proper garage.