PDA

View Full Version : Retro-fitting heated mirrors to A2

8Z0
25-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi,

I heard that you can retro-fit heated mirrors on an Audi A2 by simply replacing the existing plain mirror glasses with heated mirror glasses.

Apparently only one type of door control unit is fitted - irrespective of whether or not the Winter Pack is factory-fitted. The CAN bus supposedly "trains" the mirrors automatically and they are then switched together with the heated rear window via the HRW switch.

Maybe I just got lucky - I tried this out on my 2005 Audi A2 and amazingly it worked without any problems. Has anyone else had any experience with this "plug & play" upgrade? Would it work on all models, or just on the post 2004, slightly facelifted models (like mine) with the ribbed service flap/grille?

On A2's where it may work, it would be a cheap upgrade. While not really essential in our temperate climate, I do find the upgrade useful for clearing the mirrors when they're covered in frost, dew or raindrops.

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's experiences? Is it a well-known fact amongst the A2 internet community or have I discovered something new here?

Cheers, 8Z0

jonnyboy81
06-06-2010, 01:03 PM
hi, i,ve got an audi A2 2002. The wing mirror when taken off at the back of it has two connectors that plug into the wiring. Does that mean i have heated mirrors?