PDA

View Full Version : Auto dimming of passenger door mirror B7 1.6TDI BM Sport Est

B7Rob
17-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi All,

Just taken my car in to my local dealer for some warranty work. One item I reported is the passenger door mirror is not auto dimming. The Service Advisor took note but when she rang just now to say the car was ready, she reported that the passenger door mirror dose not auto dim on the B7 Sport. Is this correct? the spec implies its both door mirrors that auto dim along with the interior read view mirror

cheers

Rob

kite
17-01-2012, 03:57 PM
If your drivers side dims the the pax side should...the glass is expensive !!!

using tapatalk from my phone

B7Rob
17-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks Kite for the prompt reply. Just to be clear its on my B7 VW passat

ta

kite
17-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Opps thought that was b7 A4. I think it would still be the same

bertj
17-01-2012, 06:40 PM
My B7 Passat SE driver's door mirror dims, passenger door mirror does not. I'm not sure whether the on/off switch on the interior mirror also switches the dimming on/off on the driver's door mirror. Will check next time I'm out in the dark.

B7Rob
18-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Bertj

Daveya.
18-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I have a 2.0 Sport and I'm pretty sure they both dim

pauldoherty
18-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I have the Sport and only the driver's mirror dims - I assumed this was the way it was supposed to be, as the glass on the passenger's side does not have the 'halo' around it?

Daveya.
19-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Yep it's just the drivers, what a con, the literature just not as this

NHN
19-01-2012, 07:49 PM
On a B7 A4, thats very very strange as they're installed as a pair in most circumstances, but yes the rear view does turn on/off all auto dimming features.

You can remove passenger glass & see if it has the dimming wires there, if so then more than likely its wired through & a glass change will suffice, try removing drivers, carefully, plug into passengers & see if it activates with light sensor covered & a torch into sensor on mirror.

Edit: Ooops my mistake, just goes to show you should not assume lol.

Still, never heard of dimming sides fitted singularly.

kite
19-01-2012, 08:07 PM
On a B7 A4, thats very very strange as they're installed as a pair in most circumstances, but yes the rear view does turn on/off all auto dimming features.

You can remove passenger glass & see if it has the dimming wires there, if so then more than likely its wired through & a glass change will suffice, try removing drivers, carefully, plug into passengers & see if it activates with light sensor covered & a torch into sensor on mirror.

Hi Nige
Thread is for Passat.. I made the same mistake