PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 tdi service schedule

skymaster
16-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi

Subject to seeing and test driving it, I am about to buy a September 2008 A4 3.0 TDI Sline with 27k on the clock. It's from an Audi Main dealer.

I have a question about servicing. It's currently on 27k and longlife... Had it's first service at 20k...

I think the dealership would rather not service it prior to hand over, but I always prefer a new car to be fully serviced up...

Is there a specific time schedule for items in the second service? Or any way I can argue that it should be serviced fully before I collect it?

Also, do these engines have a cam belt?

theskyfox
16-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi,
with the 3.0TDi they usually service it after a year initially, then gauge your mileage at the time. If you are doing low mileage then they put you onto the long-life service which is oil-change every 2 years I believe, else they make you oil change every year.
If you look in the car manual it gives you the recommended service interval for things...from my memory I think Brake fluid is initially after 3 years, then every 2 years after that....Air/Pollen filter every 20,000 miles. Air-Con service as usual every year or so.

From a personal point of view...I oil change mine once a year regardless of mileage to keep it all healthy..have done on all my cars. Service at main dealer will cost more compared to independents (remember its the V6 so you get the more expensive service cost), but of course you get the benefit of any software updates and a general audi-healthcheck which is always good.

No the car does not have a timing belt, its got a timing chain which lasts the life of the engine. (Thats the theory anyway!). Hope it helps,

-Andrew

SunnyBard
18-01-2012, 10:30 PM
with the 3.0TDi they usually service it after a year initially, then gauge your mileage at the time. If you are doing low mileage then they put you onto the long-life service which is oil-change every 2 years I believe, else they make you oil change every year.

Don't think that's quite right ...

I got my 3.0TDI last March, it was on long-life servicing from the start, I didn't specifically ask for that, I've now done 15,000 miles and have 2300 miles or 414 days until oil change and 4200 miles or 414 days until first service.