PDA

View Full Version : Question Heating problem?

stoaby
15-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi there, ive got a 2002 a4 quattro that the climate control has stopped blowing warm air out on the drivers side, the passengers side is fine but the heater control shows the temp going up but it just blows cold air. Can anyone tell me why and posssibly how to rectify the problem? Thanx Stoaby.

Mod edit - Moved to A4 section

spartacus 68
16-01-2012, 12:56 AM
As your getting heat to the passenger side, it sounds like a stuck actuator vent. If you have access to Vagcom you could read it for error codes. You need to take of the glovebox to access. From what I've read the grease dries out which leads to the flaps staying closed. If the actuator is dead - Audi main dealership, breakers yard or Ebay for replacement.

rhencullen1989
16-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, as above, remove the glovebox (2 min job) there will be 3 actuators, i think it's the middle one, but a quick mess with the controls will show you which one is not working. 2 screws to remove from car.

I took mine apart ( prize apart with several small screwdrivers) and connected 12 volts (have read it may be 7 volts) 12 volts should not do it any harm, to the pins of the motor, change polarity to reverse motor, i re greased the worm gear and all worked smoothly again. New ones are around £70 from audi so worth trying to fix first.