PDA

View Full Version : Question Number of Keys - does it include the emergency key?

sompop
14-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I have two keys and the emergency key (three in total) the car display tells me that there are three keys registered to the car, do I have one missing or does it include the emergency key??
If there is a key missing ( i bought the car seconhand) is it an easy job to cancel the missing one??
thanks in advance

dmcconachie
14-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Sounds like there's one missing! Take both keys with you to a dealer and they can disable the missing one!

Soot1e
14-01-2012, 01:38 PM
You have all the keys the car came with when new. Two large keys plus the emergency key. You should also have the emergency key holder in the glove box.

dmcconachie
14-01-2012, 01:47 PM
You have all the keys the car came with when new. Two large keys plus the emergency key. You should also have the emergency key holder in the glove box.

I didn't think the emergency key counted as a registered key...?

113brucey
14-01-2012, 03:29 PM
yes emergacy key counts / i just got the two main keys and emergacy key re programed to the car not long ago as emegancy key was missing (the plastic one)the fob was in glove box . but no plastic key???

Soot1e
14-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I didn't think the emergency key counted as a registered key...?

Read your manual! It tells you the car comes with 3 keys, then in the auto check instructions it tells you how many keys are initialised..3/3 meaning the 3 keys issued/initialised.