PDA

View Full Version : Juat about to buy A4 3.0 TDI Sline What issues?

skymaster
14-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi

I couldn't resist getting back into a 4 rings vehicle again. So have put down a deposit on a 2008 A4 3.0 TDI S line. It seems an awesome car, it's the first B8 platform Audi I would have owned. My last one was a B7 Sline special edition 220 bhp.

I'm going to view and test the car next week (Audi Main Dealer).... Are there any issues with this model I should be aware of? (Aside from of course living with the electronic hand break, takes some serious getting used to:aargh4:)

The car I have reserved ha 27k on the clock. My general experience of Audi saloons is that they are good for miles and miles and miles. My old B6 platform TDI had 100k on the clock and still drove like a new one. I hope this one will be the same.

Oops, sorry about spelling in threat title... still rather early in the morning for me

kite
14-01-2012, 10:00 AM
The 3 ltr suffer with inlet manfold runner problems. An expensive fix.

using tapatalk from my phone

Guest 2
14-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Have a look on the A6 C6 section, I've wrote a couple of posts on my 3.0Tdi.

J_B204
14-01-2012, 12:02 PM
If it has a DAB radio check out my AMI/MMI issues thread - there is a software fix (although it probably won't be done under warranty as I think yours is outside?)

theskyfox
14-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Congratulations! Good choice. I haven't had any major issues with mine, but have had a few minor things:

-Software updates needed on the radio (DAB) system to keep it running perfectly
-Faulty voltage regulator caused the MMI screen to turn white once

Both done under warranty and no complaints.

Otherwise...smooth runner, had no DPF issues and drives like a dream. Nice 0-60 time too!

-Andrew

P.s. Kite, can you elaborate on the inlet manifold problem please? Id like information on this too. Thanks