PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A2 Tdi error code P3101 Motor for a inlet manifold flap

iworld
13-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I have the following Fault code error message P3101 Motor fault Inlet Manifold Flap - Can this be fixed or does to need to be replaced? The engine warningl ight constantly stays on and i need to fix the problem on a cheap if i can so that the light goes off. I notice sometimes that when i turn the heating on it does smell of exhaust odour at certain times - do you think it is assoicated?

Sarge786
15-01-2012, 03:53 PM
19559/P3103 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157), Malfunction

Possible Symptoms
Higher fuel consumption
Insufficient acceleration above 100-120 kmh
Shutting off the engine is not nice and easy

Possible Causes
Intake Manifold Flap (V157) or the motor for V157 doesn't work well.

Possible Solutions
Check wiring and connections
Check / Replace V157, but probably you have to replace the whole EGR
Special Notes
The Intake Manifold Flap (V157) has a function in the EGR and in shutting off the (diesel) engine.

iworld
19-01-2012, 05:00 PM
The strange thing is that the light was not on when i purchased it - ity only came on after i repalced the CAT which was faulty - surely that could not casued the intake manifold flap to fail hence the warning light comming on. I usually gert 45-47mpg compared to 61mpg that is claimed - i put in 20 litres of fuel and get just over 200 miles with a mixture of urban driving. The temperature needle stays at 0 for quite some time and then climbs up slowly to 90 where it stays - is that unusual?

Lukas Nemec
06-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I did repair that there is a gear wheels made from plastic and one of them was damaged so i clean them out and put them back to try all ok now bat code was 19559/P3103(V157). I writen somthing into the picture but its in czech lang.19656
If you find nothing wrong with gears so possibly motor gon to Heaven take them off and try them with your car battery and a wires. Thats what i did now its work as before