PDA

View Full Version : Quadlock Loom Question

Guest 2
13-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I have bought a RNSE for my A3. Its the latest LED model.

I wish to fit bluetooth (OEM) and AMI (OEM).

I have already checked the P/N of the RNSE to make sure its compatible with AMI.

I have found two kits on ebay and both come with quadlock connections.

My question is,

Can I attach both of these devices at the same time to the factory loom?

Ie.

Factory Loom --> AMI Loom--> Bluetooth Loom--> RNSE

I could live without the AMI if I couldnt connect both at the same time.
Bluetooth Kit
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/ForumContent/Retrofits/f911a6e4.jpg

AMI Kit
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/ForumContent/Retrofits/e88235fc.jpg

Issac Hunt
13-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Can't see why not. It might be easier to remove the extra quadlock adapters and plug the wires directly into your original Quadlock as you'll have a lot stuff to try and squeeze behind the headunit.

Just double check it's all wired correctly as aftermarket adapters are notorious for having wires in the wrong places.

Guest 2
13-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks Issac,

I would be placing the Bluetooth module behind the glovebox so it might free up some room behind the unit.

I wouldnt really want to be modifying the loom incase I damage the wires.

So you would think it would work fine then after coding? I could always sell the ami unit if it didn't work properly.

Issac Hunt
13-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes I think the AMI will be OK. Your only potential pitfall could be a badly wired adapter. Look at them first if it doesn't work.

Guest 2
13-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Okay, Ill try everything together before fitting it securely.

I see you editied your post as your reply is different to my email but what did you mean by

You did buy the latest model RNSE though and an AMI for RNSE not the MMI AMI?

Thanks again :)

Issac Hunt
13-01-2012, 08:08 PM
An AMI for an MMI car will be useless for RNSE. but your pic looked like the right one so I edited the post.

Guest 2
14-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Okay I read the emails first and didn't understand but I do now :)