PDA

View Full Version : Question Diversity Radio Antenna

Mike'A
12-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Hello,

Can a '59 Jetta support "diversity" without a roof top aerial? I've not long had this car, it fits the bill perfectly, it's previuos owner has cherished this car to the point that it is almost in showroom condition. Pre ordered with a sunroof (assuming that's the reason for no roof top aerial), Climatronic and a RCD 510 stereo, very nice. The reason for the question is sometimes the radio reception in the Jetta is a little fuzzy, my daughters '06 Golf radio reception seems flawless in comparison with a standard radio. If anyone can throw any light on this I will be very gratefull, cheers.

Mike

chody
12-01-2012, 09:03 PM
my 57 plate jetta doesnt have a roof aerial and it was fine with the rcd300 but i have fitted a chinese touch screen unit and the tuner in that is abit weak so it sounds a bit fuzzy quite often

Mike'A
15-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi Chody,
Thanks for the reply, when you replaced the RCD 300 were there two coax/antenna cables fed into it?

chody
15-01-2012, 07:45 PM
yes the new unit had a conversion plug but as i say my rcd 300 was fine but the chjnese replacement isnt great

Mike'A
15-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Ah! Confused now, I've been under the impression two aerials had to be in place to offer the two cables, perhaps they're both in the rear window. The absense of the roof top aerial and slighltly off par reception just made me think something wasn't quite right, cheers

Mike'A
16-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi, I've found all I wanted to know from a link that "geirkh" found for a previus thread; http://www.my-gti.com/1389 thanks.

Mike