PDA

View Full Version : Does you "Media" pause when TP message arrives?

nealeb
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Going for something like the "most esoteric question award" here:)

As far as I can read in the manual, when playing "Media" the playback should pause when a TP message arrives via the radio. Now, this may work when it's a CD playing (although I have not tried this one yet) but when something is playing from an SD card, it does not pause. That's a bit of a pain if, like me, you listen to downloaded radio programmes. I always seem to miss punchlines or a key bit of the plot. (Actually, a lot of people tell me that I seem to have missed the plot. Wonder why?).

I've looked through as many menus as I can but can't see anything that would enable/disable this feature. Any other nerds out there who could help?

MFGF
13-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I can only speak for the older MMI 3G (for now) but yes, playback pauses when TP bulletins are played. This happens during playback from the onboard HDD, from the iPod via AMI and during playback from SD cards. Sometimes the buffering removes a couple of seconds of playback, but nothing more. It is supposed to happen automatically, and I have never seen anything in the menus that controls it. I found all sorts of software issues when my car was first delivered - it was quite early on in the life of MMI 3G - and it took a while and numerous updates to get them all resolved, but my dealer was very supportive and did everything they could to help. This sounds like a software bug in MMI 3G+ to me. You should probably tell your dealer, and get them to investigate.

Good luck!!

MF.

nealeb
17-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I need to give it a good try-out, then. Because I'm often listening to recorded "speech" radio I maybe think I'm missing more than I actually do. What has tended to happen is that the TP break-in occurs, I cancel it almost immediately, and realise that I've missed a second or two of the recording. This led me to believe that the recording continued in the background, so to speak, but maybe that's as much as I would miss. I need to let the TP message run and see what happens. At least there's a fast fwd/rev function available so I can always go back a little and find where I was.

Thanks for the comments. A very small point, maybe, especially as a lot of small details in the MMI overall seem to have been tidied up.

MFGF
17-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Roll on April when I will get to find out for myself :)

nealeb
23-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Looks like a non-issue, once I tried it out properly! SD media playback does seem to pause when TP message arrives. While playing, though, I found that the skip forwards/back buttons (just in front of the volume control) also act as fast forwards/reverse if you hold your finger on them, although you have to be careful not to give a short press which then skips tracks. Maybe that was in the manual but after reading the car manual, I starting falling asleep over the MMI manual...