PDA

View Full Version : Very pleased to have found this forum!

Alanovich
25-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi there,

Just joined as a new member of the forum, found it as I was looking for some info on oil for my Touran TDi PD. And I've just learnt what PD stands for - learn something new every day! Along with the Touran, i've also just put a deposit on a 2005 new shape Seat Toledo 1.6 to replace a 1.2 2003 Ibiza I've just reluctantly sold due to an expanding family. Looking forward to colelcting it on Friday.

Right, I'm off now to post a question about oil on the maintenance section - I think I've just made a big mistake on an oil change. :Blush2:

Cheers,
Steve

onzarob
25-07-2007, 11:53 AM
welcome to the forum, when you say mistake on an oil change, wrong oil?

Alanovich
25-07-2007, 12:06 PM
welcome to the forum, when you say mistake on an oil change, wrong oil?

Yes, could be. A local garage has put 15w40 non-synthetic in my 1.9TDI PD Touran. I've explained it in a post in the maintenance section, not sure if it's that important but if it is I want to get the oil changed out ASAP. Seems that the question of "which oil" is a bit more complicated for PD engines!

Cheers,
Steve

golf tdi 02
25-07-2007, 12:08 PM
hello and welcome to thee site

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Sam
25-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Welcome aboard!

The wrong oil shouldn't be too bad depending on how long it's been in there. You can get some decent discounts from one of our supporting companies - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/clear.gif Opieoil (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94) - and you don't even need to entertain the monkeys at Halfords :D

Good luck getting it sorted out.

Alanovich
25-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Welcome aboard!

The wrong oil shouldn't be too bad depending on how long it's been in there.

That's great, thanks. It's been in 12 days, and about 300 miles. Will get it sorted sharpish though, I'll try to get the garage to switch it out for free as they recommended the wrong thing.

Cheers,
Steve