PDA

View Full Version : Question Visual Differences on A4 and S4/RS4

Hey sax
11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi guys,

Im sure this has already been answered, but I've spent an hour searching and cant find anything.

I've got a pre facelift B5 avant, and wanted to know what the differences are to a facelift, S4 and RS4. From what I can see

Front lights
Front fogs
Wing mirrors
Rear light cluster

Will the front fog light replacments for a facelift fir straight into my bumper to replace the grills, or are they different bumpers also???

All the new shape audi's have got chrome strip around the windows, has anybody found any to fit a B5?

Thank you :biglaugh:

spartacus 68
11-01-2012, 11:51 PM
As far as I know it was fairly cosmetic. The facelift S4 models (1997-2001) had different rear lights, headlights and door-handles. Think some had matt roof-rails or stainless steel? The B5 RS4 was only available in Avant style from 1999-2001.

The S4 (across the production range) had a different front bumper (including headlight-wash), colour-coded rear bumper, colour-coded door rubbers and side-skirts. As far as I know this will all bolt onto a standard B5 Avant.

The RS4 had different front and rear bumpers, flared wheel-arches, roof-spoiler, over-sized side-skirts. The bumpers won't transfer as they're physically wider.

Sam
12-01-2012, 10:02 AM
You already know what the A4 Avant looks like, so I wont share a pic of that :)

S4 Avant

RS4 Avant (Quattro)

15509 15510

Hey sax
12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Cheers for the info Guys appreciate it.

Nice profile Pic Sam! Like it.

Think I'm gonna go for front fogs, front light cluster (Devil eyes), Maybe front splitter, De badged Grill, side skirts and roof spoiler.

I do like the air vents in the RS4 front bumper, shame it won't fit! And I do love flared arches, lot of work though.

Thanks again.

hibbsy21
12-01-2012, 03:58 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee496/a4_nut/800px-Audi_RS4_B5.jpg

I have this one in fibre glass. Bumper, skirts and rear lower bumper thing. Not fitted it yet, but i have held it in place when the other bumper was off and it fitted fine. However...flared arches....mmmmm

Rich