PDA

View Full Version : Suspension for my MK6 Golf.

vwgolfmk6
11-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Hello Peeps! I have a dilemma.... I really want to lower my car but I'm very concerned I'm going to regret it. Please help!
As I've mentioned in a previous post I had lowered springs installed onto my mk4 - worked/looked great!.... but a few years later I had to have major repairs in order for it to pass it's MOT, the garage told me it was due to these aftermarket springs... I can't remember what exactly was changed... something to do with the Dampers/bushings = leaking/worn, anyway it cost a small fortune to have fixed.
I've been on larkspeed.com and looked @ suspension 'kits' which I believe are springs & dampeners combined, right?... These cost a staggering £670.00 just to buy! Whereas just lowering ‘springs’ are a very reasonable £150.00. Is it worth paying over £500 more for the kit or should I be cheap and just get the springs? Can anybody provide a pros & cons reply...?

Eshrules
11-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Why is it always me that has to be the bad guy with stuff like this?

You fitted springs to your mk4 and ended up having to complete some serious work thanks to not fitting uprated dampers, as you ought to when fitting lowering springs.

You're now considering doing the same to a mk6 and want to know the cons of doing so?

Isn't it blindingly obvious that if you fit lowering springs to your mk6, without uprating the dampers accordingly, you're going to be facing the same situation in the not to distant future?

vwgolfmk6
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks Eshrules, I kind of answered my own question diddnt I? lol.

I gues I was kind of hoping that perhaps I was simply unlucky and/or maybe the person that installed them did a poor job and generally speaking 'just springs' on original dampers should be ok - maybe not?

Cheers anyway...