PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth High (9ZW)

thetwc
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Hello.
I am trying to get the options sorted for my company car order here in the UK. It's taken a long time to decide over the new 320d, especially coming from an e90 330i, but driving a 2.0tdi s line convinced me to go for a Sportback!

I've read a few posts about the Sim Access Profile issues. i think i understand all of that, as i will be using an iphone it doesn't give me much benefit.
I am interested in the online services though. The brochure mentions Google Earth images, destination entry and information systems. Are these any good and worth the money.
How does the car get the information (paired iphone data or a built in sim card that i need to provide)?

I can imagine that i will bluetooth my iphone for calls, and maybe plug it into the AMI for music, SMS/email will be useful if it does this (and i have them once i leave the car!)

i don't want to kick myself for not getting it over the standard S Line bluetooth option.

thanks for any information.

dgarside
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Must caveat this first, I have an A6 S-line with tech. pack 2012 MY.

The iPhone will work great when used with the hands free profile. It will not work as a rSAP (remote sim access profile). As such you cannot use the iPhone for data on the navigation system/online services. You currently have two options (from what I can find out, but still ongoing) which are use a rSAP compatible phone or a separate data sim card. Unfortunately the current downside of using a separate is that it cuts off the Bluetooth connection when you plug it in, and therefore you can't answer calls from you iPhone or other hands free phone connection.

My work around at the moment is to only have the sim card plugged into the AMI when I really need it. Under normal circumstances I have the Bluetooth connection active so I can receive calls.

Not sure if this helps out or causes more unanswered questions, but hopefully something Audi resolve soon.

Darren.

dgarside
10-01-2012, 12:38 PM
BTW I do like Google Earth although under normal navigation it doesn't seem to add too much. The online services are great for finding places and the weather/news does come in handy.

Darren.

thetwc
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Thank you. That's the most information I've manged to find at all.

So basically, it's great to have, but it needs a data sim card connected somehow to be able to use the services, and the iPhone doesn't do this.

For £12 per month on the company scheme options, sounds like it might not be worth it over the free bluetooth. Could be so promising. :(

dgarside
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Just had a courtesy call from Audi garage and by all accounts my work Blackberry 'should' work with rSAP, so might try that this week. Couldn't get it working last week. They also confirmed about the iPhone incompatibility while I was on the phone.

Darren.

thetwc
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
reckon it's work in progress?

dgarside
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Honest opinion, no, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it stays.