PDA

View Full Version : A new Passat ?

simfin
25-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi - first post on this forum, be gentle ;)

I am currently looking for a Passat estate diesel DSG, and think I may have found one locally. Currently drive a BMW 1-series, which was bought on a whim really - great car and lovely handling, but is just a bit too small and impractical for family life - especially as we will be a 2 dog family soon.

One question that I cannot seem to find the answer for is about the multifunction computer.

I had a new style golf until last January, and this could have been specc'd with a 'better' MF computer - I think they called it Highline ? It gave more control over certain aspects of the car - Lights on, door locking etc etc.

Does the Passat have these features as standard? or is it back to the 'basic' computer, with no option to upgrade

Great forum by the way :o

Quatrelle
25-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Seems to depend on what 'trim' level you have (S, SE, SEL etc.). Mine's French, middle of the range and has a lot, but not all, of the available computer options. It won't let me access what I haven't got, so to speak!

Easiest way to find out what the one you have found has got is to go into the computer and have a look.

carl s
26-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Good question, if you can try and get one with the larger MFD display as you say it gives you a lot more control. Mine's a Sport but I'm not sure if it came with the large MFD due to it having Sat Nav. It's easy to spot as the smaller one only shows up in the bottom half of the screen, the top is blank with normal warning lights.

MisterD
31-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I've just got a new B6 Sport, and it has the smaller display.

Ben
31-07-2007, 08:59 PM
i'm of the belief that there is 3 levels of computer, highline being the best thus allowing you to 'control' certain things.

i don't have that. Mine is the single lower screen only but it is speced up enough thus enabling me to retro fit cruise.

If i had anything less than i do i wouldn,t be able to have cruise.