PDA

View Full Version : no longer driving a vectra, thank god

aaudi4
09-01-2012, 08:30 AM
my a4 been off the road past 2 months while getting the funds together for clutch, tyres, service, water collecting under scuttle, airbag light on, starting problem and temp gauge problem. bought a cheap vectra to run about in. have spent most of my time on forums finding out how to fix next problem so gave up and sold it. will walk for rest of month which is what have been doing mainly anyway. brought my audi back to the house from mates garage and had forgot how good it is to drive a decent car, despite its current faults.

MrTT
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
will walk for rest of month which is what have been doing mainly anyway. brought my audi back to the house from mates garage and had forgot how good it is to drive a decent car, despite its current faults.

Haha! Possibly the most fitting eulogy to the vectra - one of the worst cars I've ever owned. (http://www.topgear.com/content/carsurvey/2006/vauxhall/vectra/) I will walk for the rest of the month! Sad times, sounds like you've had quite a few problems with your a4, hope it's back in working order sooner rather than later. If not you've a few days travelling around on shanks' pony ahead of you! ;)

aaudi4
10-01-2012, 05:25 PM
actually taking car to garage in the morning but work not being rushed to keep costs down and cant afford tax until end of month so no point. tyres arrived yesterday so at least some progress being made. got to get train home from work tonight thou. nightmare

hibbsy21
10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Wow sounds like my life at the moment too, however I think I have got a worse car, a 1.3 Hyundai accent... Check engine light on, abs cuts in at 10mph and the brakes stop working until you release the pedal, hesitates on acceleration, shakes at anything over 60, gets blown across the road at the slightest wind, uses loads of oil and is just generally uncomfortable.

So I feel your pain, Audi been sat for 4 months :(

Hope it all gets done quickly for you.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

aaudi4
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
i feel better now hearing your list. the brakes not working properly, now that is a worry.

hibbsy21
11-01-2012, 04:34 AM
I take it it was the old vectra b? I had a vec c for a while and it was not too bad. As long as you didn't want to turn a corner...

Yeah the abs cuts in at slow speeds and just crunches. I nearly give my self a hernia the other day parking up at screw fix, it cut in so badly that they didn't work at all and I nearly hit the bollard in front.

I have removed the fuse for the ABS now so they actually work. Thing is, it passed its MOT with this problem. It had a collapsed cat and a buggered MAF. But the brakes worked strongly enough to satisfy the requirements. I even told them about the problem before the MOT.

In my opinion the MOTs that the place give out aren't with the paper its on. And yet, it is a very highly recommended garage. A mate of mine has an P reg astra auto, and they passed that with a LEAKING brake hose, they gave him an advisory, I went mental and forced him to give me the money for the new pipe as he drives it with a 19month old baby in the back.

On that note though, I may take my Audi there just so I can have it on the road and just keep an eye on everything. There are no major issues, just a link or two on the front suspension as they were replaced with crap parts last year.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is much worse that a vec. Lol

Rich

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk