PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Passat 2002 central locking issues

rosco
08-01-2012, 08:03 PM
For some obscure reason when I activate the door locks from inside the car using the switch on the drivers door, all the doors lock then the passenger door lock pops back up. I find this very strange as they all lock satisfactorily using both the key fob and manually on the drivers door.

Another intermittent trait is now and again the o/s rear door lock stays locked upon opening using the key fob. Sometimes it can take 3 or 4 presses to open this door.

Please can anyone shed any light on any of these issues?

adamss24
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
The lock actuators are deffective. I am breaking a vw passat estate at the moment, all parts going cheap... Please get in touch if you need anything. Regards,
Chris- 07789912128.

rosco
08-01-2012, 08:16 PM
The lock actuators are deffective. I am breaking a vw passat estate at the moment, all parts going cheap... Please get in touch if you need anything. Regards,
Chris- 07789912128.

If the lock actuators are defective, why does the problem with the passenger door only happen from within the car and not from the key fob?
Thanks

Crasher
08-01-2012, 09:16 PM
It just happens that way, a fault code read of the convenience system will show an implausible signal from that lock unit, it happens a lot.

caldirun
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Tried to PM you re the passat parts but message store is full, make some space, Chris
Chris- 07789912128.

rosco
08-01-2012, 10:52 PM
If the lock actuators are defective, why does the problem with the passenger door only happen from within the car and not from the key fob?
Thanks

Ah I see. I have my own fault code reader. I'll give it a check when I get a chance.
Thanks loads for the information. It is very much appreciated.