PDA

View Full Version : Question MMI Sat Nav and galaxy s2 phone book.

RobGriff
06-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Well i finally took the plunge and bought a 2008 2.7 TDI in phantom black, leather interior and MMI.
Absolutely fantastic car!:o
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/rgriffiths1979/2012-01-04113113.jpg
Thanks once again for all the advice at the time.
Just wondering though, it came with the original 2008 Sat Nav DVD which doesn't include where i live as it wasn't built at the time.
How can i get a more up to date version of the DVD?
Its a colour screen if that makes a difference.

Second question, whilst my galaxy s2 is paired with the car the phone book doesn't seem to want to 'upload' which means none of my contacts appear. Help!

Thanks

a8 tech
07-01-2012, 08:30 AM
download " MyPhoneExplorer"
http://www.appbrain.com/app/myphoneexplorer-client/com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client

yes there are nav updates available (see dealer)

tenfootrob
07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
My Galaxy S2 works OK with my 2010 A4 (normal MMI, not sat nav) without installing any extra apps. I had to give permission on the phone twice - once to let the car pair with the bluetooth and again to let it access the address book.

RobGriff
08-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Nope, tried again tonight 'un-pairing' and then reconnecting and still the phone pairs but the phone book doesn't.

MFGF
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I have seen issues reported in the past where the phone pairs but the phone book does not transfer across. If I recall, these were with Blackberry phones, but the issue was that the call logs (calls made/received/missed etc) were really big on the phone, and were stopping the transfer from happening (call logs get copied across to the car too I think). Clearing the logs down on the phone was reported to resolve the issue. I don't know whether this will help you or not, but thought it worth mentioning in case you want to try?

MF.

RobGriff
11-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Cheers, its worth a try!
I've it booked in with Audi next week anyway as she has a vibration coming up through the steering wheel when driven at 60+ mph so they'll have a look at it too.
Apparently there are quite a few phones that are not 100% compatible, the servicing man mentioned the new HTC as an example.