PDA

View Full Version : Changing my K03 Turbo to a K04-015

sam.bird3
06-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm going to change out my Standard K03 Turbo on my 2001 (B6) A4 1.8T 150BHP. I am looking at just a K04-015 as its a standard Audi 1.8T Turbo.
I am also planning on a Catback exhaust system and high flow Manifold. I am going to do this in Stages over the next 2-3 Months due to the Cost of all the parts. Will i need to Remap the car after each upgrade is Fitted or can i do all the upgrades in stages and get it Remapped once all the upgrades are done?
What problems can i expect if i fit all the parts without a remap and then remap it once its all finished.
I'm guessing no problems will arise from the catback & Manifold without a remap but unsure of what the Turbo upgrade will throw up without a Remap.

perky85
06-01-2012, 09:12 PM
As long as the turbo actuator is preset to standard you should be ok.

It should be fine to fit parts in stages then have the remap at the end to tie it all together

boost-addict
09-05-2012, 06:12 PM
and with the k04-015 you dont need uprated fuel pump etc etc

mine a 1.8tqs and should have a ko3s but belive its a ko3, likley changed for the wrong unit when ko3s broke. any idea were to find the info on the turbo?

Aptuning
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi there, I can't remember exactly where the turbo info is on the turbo but if you find it look for 0052 or 0053 which shows that it is a K03s turbo.

boost-addict
09-05-2012, 10:12 PM
thanks my friend, altho being a a4 still tight, need to just look harder! im going to be fitting a mbc ready for a remap, and then fitting a ebc integrated in the timer

and access to the pipe to acuator is tight, also fitting a decat pipe, so just going to have the lot off, port the exhaust manifolt and inspect turbo while im at it,

Aptuning
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Well if I can help with a remap, give me a call on 07738236577 or email info@APTuning.co.uk
Depending on what you are after from a remap I am a Dahlback Racing dealer. As your location says your only in sevenoaks, you are not far from me. I'm just outside Rochester at post code ME3 7EF which is about 15mins from dartford.

boost-addict
11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
sounds good, yer after a remap, ive got a quattro sport ajl engine so in theory i should have a ko3s and 180bhp engine, but to be fair it feel like half that,
last re-mappers stated that a remap couldn't be completed due to a configuration mismatch, also had it on a diagnostic system and the unit couldnt find any obd2 systems, nor could it access the abs system, so still have abs light up. any ideas why? not a clue were to start, was going to buy a vag cam lead just to see if it connects to a laptop. but didnt want to waste money before finding out

havent looked to see if the fuse has gone as of yet, but wanted to find out were the ob2 plug wires run to. and maybe see if i can test the plug with a multimeter

alsohow much is a stage 1 remap, but will have decat downpipe, non standard exhaust, not looked at diameter of exhaust

Aptuning
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Give me a call tomorrow so we can have a chat. I have vcds so you can pop over and I'll have a look.

boost-addict
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Cheers. I will do. Cant do any think for a few weeks as got no spare money. As bought car 4 days ago. But certantly chat to see whats going on. Mat

boost-addict
13-05-2012, 05:12 PM
right got some money sorted so if you around tomorrow i can run down to you and see whats happening, if a remap isnt to much then ill get that done to.

weres the ecu on these a4's becasue im wondering if its chipped and the chip is blocking out the diagnostics?

Aptuning
14-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi there and sorry I missed your post here. You should have called me matey.
If you are still interested then give me a call on 07738236577 and we'll sort something out for you.

right got some money sorted so if you around tomorrow i can run down to you and see whats happening, if a remap isnt to much then ill get that done to.

weres the ecu on these a4's becasue im wondering if its chipped and the chip is blocking out the diagnostics?