PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help identify this ??

Mad mike
04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi all;

Whilst removing the bottom engine cover to service mu B6 Avant 1.9 130 TDI today the following dropped down and had been resting on the undercover:

and a second pic:

.....could anyone identify this? I had a good thorough look around underneath within the radius / limitation of the wire that this is connected to but couldnt for the life of me see where it should be connected !!

So if anyone also knows where it shouuld be connected to that would also help.

PS - I have had a long term problem with my temp guage where it hardly rises - is this a tempsensor?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Regards

Mike

nevo
04-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Can't indentify the part but maybe the engine mount?with regard to the temp its either the temp sensor or stat,they're both cheap to fix so its your call as to which to go for first,if it was me I'd do the stat first.

portovechios
04-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Normally the cts works or doesn't so yeh suspect the stat first

As for the picture, not sensor from the rad is it?

Mad mike
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I suppose it could be from the radiator but I couldn't see where it would connect within the reach of the two wires that are connected to it.

There is an open end of plastic pipe close by, like the the long part of a T piece pipe but when I marry it up there is no obvious way to connect it. ???

Mad mike
14-01-2012, 03:30 PM
now xmas and NY is over - anyone able to identify the sensor (?) in the pics above?