PDA

View Full Version : Aero wipers - Yay or Nay?

Eshrules
24-07-2007, 08:32 PM
for example THESE (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Bora-Golf-mk4-all-92-03-gti-tdi-v5-Flat-Wiper-Blades_W0QQitemZ140141424406QQihZ004QQcategoryZ988 9QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

are these any cop? or am i better of sticking to the usual blades? :Blush2:

Lex Luthor
24-07-2007, 09:39 PM
I fitted branded ones to my 1998 1.8 and I am very happy with them.
Came from these guys : www.wiperblades.co.uk

Genuine VW refill rubbers are available on eBay too:
http://tinyurl.com/2ptwx2

There are no metal bits to wear out or corrode so refills make sense.

Col
24-07-2007, 09:42 PM
My MK4 Golf had normal wipers when I had it and I was tempted to upgrade.

The Passat has them as standard.

Performance wise there is little in although the aero's are slightly better. Looks wise, the aero's win (obviously).

An expensive mod to do with little gain except for vanity purposes and sometimes it is worth both moisturising in the morning and jolly well getting what you want for your car, for vanities sake.

I both moisturise and have aero's, although on a Passat so there is a slight vanity negative going on, but on balance, I'd say go for it.

Lex Luthor
24-07-2007, 10:08 PM
An expensive mod to do with little gain except for vanity purposes

What??? £12 for regular blades and £25 for aeros with cheapy refills for ever ??
'bout the cheapest mod you can do :p

Ben
24-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I prefer the aero style, there is no need for minor adjustment like the traditional style may of required.;)

Col
24-07-2007, 10:54 PM
What??? £12 for regular blades and £25 for aeros with cheapy refills for ever ??
'bout the cheapest mod you can do :p

It is not just the blades old fruit !

To start from scratch you need arms an'all.

Twas about £70 to convert when I looked at it for my MK4 Golf.

AndyM
24-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I like the aero blades fitted to my Passat and had them retrofitted to the Mondeo I had previously. In my opinion they're great in the respect that they "mould" to the glass but I had problems with them when driving in heavy snow, as I found that they tended to trap the snow on the leading edge and drag it up the glass, completely obscuring my view of the road. However, they don't have the annoying habit of completely freezing up on winter mornings and only clearing an inch of the sweep area for the first 10 miles of a journey like the old metal blades do. But how often do we get snow, so I'll shut up, except to say, "Yay - buy them".

Sam
25-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Passat related discussion on aero wipers (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6695)

I hijacked the above post to get some views.

At least one person was brave enough to speak out against the wipers :D

Lex Luthor
25-07-2007, 10:08 AM
It is not just the blades old fruit !

To start from scratch you need arms an'all.

Twas about £70 to convert when I looked at it for my MK4 Golf.

Nope. The blades I referenced fit standard arms old bean....

Col
25-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Nope. The blades I referenced fit standard arms old bean....

Splended news then. You are a good egg.