PDA

View Full Version : Passat(1998) slient alarm

ICTIS
22-05-2006, 07:54 AM
The alarm on my Passat just flshes the indicators and doesn't make a sound!!

Aparently its because this model's siren was found to be problematic and they were retro-fitted with an alarm silencer (small "bullet-key" thingy in the boot). Trouble is I didn't get the bullet-key with the car when I bought it.

Is there any way round this to re-enable the alarm??

Should I leave it as it is - I presume that if it was disabled, the previous owner had problems with it? This aside, I'd like the choice myself really!

Has anyone had expereince of these "key switch" things and how to manuiplate them??

Tym

Izalman
23-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Due to problems with water in the elctrics, I am about to disable my alarm sounder. The unit on my Passat is under the battery, it has to be disconnected & removed to access, if fitted change the pollen filter fitted under the battery to at the same time.
Personally, I would leave it turned off. The local *********** wants £50 for 'a half hour diagnostic sesssion' to sort.....

ICTIS
09-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Can I fit a separate sounder - or bypass the "switch" in the boot? Just want to see what it "should" be like :-)

witster78
12-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I have the same problem on my 99 110 tdi Passat. I have recently repaired the damaged splices under the carpet in the LH footwell and sealed them with glued heat shrink (water ingress damage). The CCM itself was dry and seemed undamaged. However, although all of the CCM features have now returned, my alarm siren has failed with only the indicators flashing when the alarm is triggered.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Lex Luthor
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I posted this ages ago in another forum.
The pics are probably dead but the rest might help :

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218965

witster78
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks, I shall try this fix and let you know how it went on

witster78
12-02-2007, 09:16 PM
:biglaugh: Fantastic - siren now working. Thanks!