PDA

View Full Version : Rear speakers very quiet.

TopherGeorge
01-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi. Random question. I have a new model A6 with the standard speaker set up. When sitting in the back all the music seems to come from the front of the car even of you use the fader. The rear speakers are so very quiet. There is also one speaker on the parcel shelf which plays the sat nav very clear and loud, but nothing in terms of music except for some base sounds. Rather annoying. Anyone having similar sound problems.

nealeb
01-01-2012, 09:09 PM
There is a "sound focus" setting somewhere in the audio settings menu on the MMI. As I remember, the settings are something like "all passengers" and "driver only". Is it possible that this has been set wrongly? I'm not sure how much difference it makes as I've never played with it myself - and I rarely sit in the back:)

TopherGeorge
01-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah got that. It's set to all passengers. I had the last model A6 and the sound was great throughout the cabin, this one seems off. The parcel shelf speaker works only with the sat nav, it's as if there is a software problems. The employees at Essex Audi (chingford) seem to have no clue and like to try and fob me off.

gregpot2000
17-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi There

The speaker in your parcelshelf is actually a Sub-woofer, so is only meant to produce bass sounds.