PDA

View Full Version : Key fob coding /adaption for central locking only?

colt
31-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi all ,I'm a vw forum novice but i have had a succession of a4 diesel tdi's all from the family. 1st 12/95-2nd 1999-3rd 2003- current 2005 B7 . They have all been 4door saloons and they have all been se models in silver. My new car only has one key fob and the plastic emergency key, but due to the overkeen departure of the next owner ,I have the spare keys from my old 99 last of the old shape a4 1.9tdi 115hp. I know that the shape of the key fob is different but is the electronic part the same? I.E can i match the remote key fob to my current car and tag the fob onto my plastic key for convenience? I say this because the shape of these fobs was identical to my old b6 remotes? I no longer have that car so i am unable to check part numbers but visually they were the same three button fob. What equipment would i need to adapt them to the car and where would i gain an login code from if required? I have access to vag com ,omiscan, and autodiagnos ,will these perform the job.
Many thanks for your help.

P.s All the cars have come from a member of the family so the history is known , but this latest model is slightly hard to start when hot (it cranks for longer than you would expect) My last b6 which also had the pumpduse engine had more miles and started instantly always, what is the common cause of this fault, no injectors,airmass or loom have been replaced yet(95k miles)