PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about re map and turbo upgrade - need advice please

SteelDaisy
31-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi

2001 A4 1.8T Drive by wire.

I want to improve perfromance and have been thinking about a re map and maybe a turbo updrade (as my turbo is sounding like it has a problem anyway).

All I know about a remap is there are changes made to the ECU. Can someone tell me exactly what happens and the difference it will make to my car please? I'm not so concerned about the turbo upgrade, but messing with an ECU and engine settings worries me slightly.

FlashRemapping
02-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi

2001 A4 1.8T Drive by wire.

I want to improve perfromance and have been thinking about a re map and maybe a turbo updrade (as my turbo is sounding like it has a problem anyway).

All I know about a remap is there are changes made to the ECU. Can someone tell me exactly what happens and the difference it will make to my car please? I'm not so concerned about the turbo upgrade, but messing with an ECU and engine settings worries me slightly.

If you are considering a remap - give me a call on 07886 368795 I will explain what alterations we make
If your Turbno has a problem a remap will not help it and may finish it off - probably worth having tested before you look at any sort of tuning

Dave

perky85
03-01-2012, 08:48 PM
If you wan tsomeone to look over your car & check the turbo.

As already said, remap will finish off your turbo if already knackered

cctuning
14-03-2012, 02:28 PM
It is best to check your turbo out before any remap along with a full engine diagnostic and vacumn leak test on the 1.8t to ensure that your car is not going to fail on you once you have had it mapped.
When remapping an ECU we alter various setting including boost control, igntion advance,knock control, fuelling various load maps etc to enhance the power whist ensuring the air fuel ratio and exhaust gas temprtures are within limits.

Once this is done a all the logs are OK you will notice the power increase immeditatly after the map has been done, right through the RPM range. Most cars also have an improvement in fuel consumption after the first few weeks of spirted driving lol.