PDA

View Full Version : Please Help MP3 CD Playing Error

LadyEleanor
28-12-2011, 04:30 PM
:1zhelp:Hi all

I acquired a golf plus about a year ago and it takes MP3 CDs. These were playing absolutely fine, but lately when I've burned an MP3 CD it shows up as error. I have tried ejecting and re-inserting the CD and after doing this about 3 times it suddenly begins playing - but then when I arrive at a destination and stop the car, then come to re-start the car when I next travel somewhere else again (i.e. CD player goes off), the error message comes up again and I go through the same process of re-inserting the disk a few times and it eventually plays.

I've tried running a cd cleaner through but that's had no effect. Can anyone shed some light on the CD / MP3 issue? I've looked around the net and some people suggest that the disk needs to be finalised (well it does eventually play so that isn't the issue), or purchasing a different make of disk (how does that make much of a difference?)

Could this be an issue to raise at it's next service, or is there a quirk I haven't yet tried that someone might know about?

Thanks in advance :)

CJJE
28-12-2011, 11:18 PM
It could be the format you used when burning the disk... I believe that VAG Radio/CD players need the CDFS file system and not the default format used by the Windows Media Player - you have to alter the settings in the Windows Media Player to suit. The Radio handbook will give details of the correct format (mine's outside at the moment!)

Chris