PDA

View Full Version : Touran Immobiliser/key issue

MGRFS
24-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi, has anyone come across an issue with the key/immobiliser come out of sync. Battery on car and key fob OK. Can;t identifiy any rogue radio signals from outside sources. Warning lights and Visit dealer messages come up, car will not start immediately, but will after 10+ attempts. Car does not go into recovery mode.
Dealer has reset interface between key and immobiliser and same problem with both keys.

Car a 04 2.0 TDI with DSG and 40K on clock.

onzarob
24-07-2007, 05:22 PM
It could be a problem with the key reading part of the ignition barrel, and inductive loop. They sometimes go wrong and fail to read the key consitantly.

Has it been reset and then gone again?

MGRFS
25-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info I will get the dealer to try this. Funny how it goes only 3 weeks outside warranty. Any idea of cost of these parts ?

Jonathan

JBud01
23-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi,

My touran (05 2.0 TDI with DSG and 37K on clock) has decided to die completely twice in the last week. I found the way to get it going again was to put the key in the drivers door and lock/unlock the door. Everything springs back into life! The last time it occurred my wife and child were in the car and the car did not respond to the drivers door key lock/unlock solution. However, after checking all the fuses I got them out of the car and tried again and it worked. I suspect the immobiliser is shutting off the electrical supply to everything on the car except the sensors inside the vehicle. My question is - has anybody heard of this fault before and is there a remedy?

Funny how this started happening two weeks after the warranty expired!

diandjace
09-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm having an ongoing battle with VW about my keys. I bought the car brand new in Dec2003. I have had many frustrating little problems but this is by far the most frustrating. Over the past 6 years I have had to take my car back to the dealers on 4 or 5 occasions to have the keys recoded. I had the ECU checked but they found nothing - but yet again my keys have gone on the blink.

The people at VW head office have helped in the past and I hope they will again but initial response is that the car is out of warranty so its really my problem - despite it being a problem when it was still within warranty.

Flash2
09-03-2010, 09:30 PM
What's happening with your car? Is i not starting with one of the keys or both? If it's only one key that's giving you problems, is it always the same key that fails?

Jim.

diandjace
09-03-2010, 11:33 PM
This time it was just one key but last time it was both. It has varied but my key seems to go more often than my partners key. I am the main driver but we only have the one car between us so it is used fairly evenly by us both.