PDA

View Full Version : MK3 GTI 16v ABS ECU

dravidham
24-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi,

I am in the market for an ABS ECU in an attempt to cure my ABS light flashing all the time. In fact is just stays on all of the time now.

Have tried just about every remedy to cure the problem – it went away for five months and now the problem has re-occurred.

I want to try an alternative ECU. I have stumbled across two available units for sale.

* The first one has a part number of IHO 907 379
*The second one has a part number of IHO 907 379C (same part nuber but obviously ending with the letter C.

Are there any differences between these two units?

The car I want the ECU for is a 1995 N reg Golf GTI 16v.

Any ideas people and also where will I locate the ABS ECU that is already fitted to my car?

Thanks.

David.

v6dub
25-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Have you tryed changing the abs sensors on the wheels??? i know you did say you have tryed most things.

dravidham
26-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Have you tryed changing the abs sensors on the wheels??? i know you did say you have tryed most things.

Hi,

Back in November when the problem first arose, I had a garage check each sensor and they also carried out a fault code read. The code came up as a fault in the cntrol unit. I tried resetting the codes to no avail.

Eventually I had an auto electrician repair a dry solder on the control unit board and the problem was cured - until it returned recently.

This time the issue could of course be the sensrs and I will have them checked. Also come to think of it, I know that the rear pads are very low - would that cause an ABS light issue?.

The reason for my initial post regarding part no's for the ABS ECU was that there was one going very cheap on ebay that I was watching and I though that it might at least be worth a try to aid the process of elimination. I missed the listing by just 5 minuites, which is a total shame as it sold for less than the cost on just one sensor:Blush2:

v6dub
26-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I don't think that having low pad on the back would make the light come on, if you did have ware indicators they would be on the front pads and you would have a seperate light on the dash, but i don't think that the mk3 golf has that function. i guess it would be the abs sensors and you can change them yourself and they don't cost much.

dravidham
01-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't think that having low pad on the back would make the light come on, if you did have ware indicators they would be on the front pads and you would have a seperate light on the dash, but i don't think that the mk3 golf has that function. i guess it would be the abs sensors and you can change them yourself and they don't cost much.

OK. Thanks for the reply.

Sensors seem to come out at around £40.00 each. Does that sound right or is there a good on line place to purchase them at a better rate than that?

v6dub
01-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Is that from vw? i think if you look on ebay you mught find them a bit cheaper. i had a look but could only fine the rear sensors, but it was just a quick look.

dravidham
01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Cheers mate. I'll have a look around.

Yes I was quoting main dealer prices as I didn't think that aftermarket ones were available. Will have a surf and see what I can find.

dravidham
03-08-2007, 01:30 AM
It seems that even on Ebay the sensors are +£40 each. Does anyone have any other outlets in mind that might be a little less extortionate price wise?

v6dub
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
It looks like you are just going to have to bite the bullet and pay for new one. I know it is a pain but the good thing is that they are not hard to fit.:Blush: