PDA

View Full Version : TT = Possible Second Car

pitch3110
24-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Chaps,

Just posted over on the B8 where I normally hang out.....

I am thinking of possibly the wife having my A4 and chopping her ED30 Golf GTI in for a Black Edition TDI forme.

I will nab a demo for a couple of days, but what are your thoughts on the practicality of a TT for a 46 yo chap with wife, 8yo son and a grandchild due anyday.

Ta
Pitch

k6rff
12-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Hi, love my 2010 TDI 170 coupe Quattro ( due to remap shortly ). Mainly motorway around 10,000 p.a. Returning around 50 mpg and still able to go around corner at silly speeds. As a second car brilliant.

All my kids now drive so we've made the second car -a 2009 2.0 TFSI roadster. Both cars in phantom black which makes cleaning and preening a pleasure.

Is this practical - of course not! But who wants to do practical? Practical would be a Ford Focus!!!!

Get one while you can still get in and out of it!

Gizmo68
23-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Is this practical - of course not! But who wants to do practical? Practical would be a Ford Focus!!!!

Get one while you can still get in and out of it!

+1 they are not practical, but you can get a small child in the back behind the passenger seat and an adult in front, as for the grandkids.... who buys a car suitable for the grandkids? it's not like it's the only car you have.

Get it before you are too old to enjoy it!!

Passatier3
23-06-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm 60 and have just bought one! :D