PDA

View Full Version : 96 Cordoba Stereo Wiring.

blacklight
24-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi,

I have just bought a 96 Cordoba.

It had an after Market stereo already attached with no face so i removed this.

When connecting the new JVC stereo i noticed only the speaker block ISO was intact. The power block was all cut wires.

I have been unable to obtain a wiring diagram to tell me the colours and what to connect them to as the JVC colours are different. There are as below (from what i can remember)

Car

Red
Black
Brown
Purple
Green(maybe)
Blue with white line

Stereo

Red
Black
Yellow (must be connected to allow CD player to turn on) *& bypass ignition*
Blue with white line
Other(Cant remember)

The JVC stereo is a KD-G331

Anyone got any clue what wire goes where?

Thanks

anto2007
16-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi,

I have just bought a 96 Cordoba.

It had an after Market stereo already attached with no face so i removed this.

When connecting the new JVC stereo i noticed only the speaker block ISO was intact. The power block was all cut wires.

I have been unable to obtain a wiring diagram to tell me the colours and what to connect them to as the JVC colours are different. There are as below (from what i can remember)

Car

Red
Black
Brown
Purple
Green(maybe)
Blue with white line

Stereo

Red
Black
Yellow (must be connected to allow CD player to turn on) *& bypass ignition*
Blue with white line
Other(Cant remember)

The JVC stereo is a KD-G331

Anyone got any clue what wire goes where?

Thanks

i hope this helps

http://jea.jvc-europe.com/files/installation_manual/get0406-013a.pdf

vwjoe
20-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I just changed the original stereo of my Derby for a new sony and had to adapt some of the wires. it is easy, you just need a circuit tester to detect what kind of electric current each wire has, The red one is for positive (+) the brown one (at least in my car) is negative (-), the blue wire of your car is very possibly for the original stereo screen light, which gets on when you turn the tail lights or head lights on. The blue wire of your jvc stereo is for the power antenna, and the black wire of the car is possibly the ground (-) for the speakers, the rest of the colored wires of your car are the positive (+) for speakers. Get a circuit tester, they´re really cheap and easy to use and will help you in the task of not frying anything inside your stereo or the car when making connections.