PDA

View Full Version : 2.5tdi running problem

john.storey
18-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi all, I have a problem with a 2.5tdi v6 (AFB engine). It starts and runs ok, but once I hit 3.5k RPM the engine cuts out. The boost is running at about 2/3rd's. The injection pump timing has been checked and the pump EDC has been checked and according to Tachosoft is ok. Any ideas???

john.storey
22-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Put the EDC back on and now car wont even start!! help!!!!!

diffas
07-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Any error codes found?

What's the situation of fuel filter? Sound bit like it needs to be renewed. There might be air in the fuel line and therefore it won't start.

Crasher
07-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Edc?

diffas
07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
EDC refers to Electronic Diesel Control. Not sure why it's been unpluged.

john.storey
07-01-2012, 10:02 PM
The filter is new and no air bubbles in system. The EDC was taken of to be tested to see if that was the reason for the cutting out fault. Car still not starting or even trying to fire.:aargh4:

Crasher
07-01-2012, 10:53 PM
EDC is not an accepted VAG acronym but I imagine you mean the pumps ECU?

diffas
07-01-2012, 11:55 PM
EDC is not an accepted VAG acronym but I imagine you mean the pumps ECU?
Wait - what? :DD Inside ECU is EDC15 that controls the whole diesel system. :D

Crasher
08-01-2012, 01:59 AM
I knew what John meant all along but I was trying to get him to help other people follow. So the whole system is controlled by the pumps ECU then? So the diesel direct injection system control unit -J248- in the plenum camber water box is there for decoration...By EDC he meant the ECU fitted to the top of a VP44 Bosch pump then, as I said, EDC is not an accepted VAG acronym and we don't work inside the VP44, we send them for repair by people who know what they are doing as it is really not recommended to take them apart.

diffas
08-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I knew what John meant all along but I was trying to get him to help other people follow. So the whole system is controlled by the pumps ECU then? So the diesel direct injection system control unit -J248- in the plenum camber water box is there for decoration...By EDC he meant the ECU fitted to the top of a VP44 Bosch pump then, as I said, EDC is not an accepted VAG acronym and we don't work inside the VP44, we send them for repair by people who know what they are doing as it is really not recommended to take them apart.

Seriously :D

Did I said pumps ECU? :) At least on my B5 there is car main EDC-unit is on the water box which is connected to the pumps ECU via canbus. Now read this part slowly; Beside side the main ECU there is part that is called EDC(15) that runs the diesel injection system on the car. I have few links for you; for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Diesel_Control, http://rb-kwin.bosch.com/en/powerconsumptionemissions/dieselsysteme/dieselsystem/commercialvehiclesystems/controlsystems/edc.html

Crasher
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I know there is an ECU in the pump, which you call the EDC, that is what I have said...Thread unsubscribed from to preserve my sanity! :banghead: