PDA

View Full Version : Changing cluster for colour - who can do it in englad?

wolf-ksiadz
18-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi!

I wasn't sure stick this post so if is not right place, please move.

I bought new cluster clock (speedometer) for my Audi A4 1.8 T.
I'm looking for somebody with knowledge and soft to do this. I will not explain what have to be done because if there is somebody with knowledge than hell know what to do.

Best will be in Dorset as I live in Bournemouth, but not necessary.

I know people in my country who can easily do this but its to far away to go there now only to this small job http://www.audifans.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/razz.gif

Any help, please.

Thanks a lot

Issac Hunt
18-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Any Audi dealer.

wolf-ksiadz
18-12-2011, 12:33 PM
In Audi dealer cost will be propably so high than is worth.
Have to be private or small garage.

Thanks

a8 tech
18-12-2011, 12:35 PM
if pre used just a problem with the mileage and also if b7 model you need to turn immo off for generation 3a immo so you need 3rd party software to do mileage and match/turn off immo

if new clocks audi dealer no problem

3a immo identity change normally requires a full replacement of keys (not to vin), dash and engine ecu as the vin can not be regenerated via diagnostic

indi will not be able to do this unless thay have the correct immo and mileage correction software

also only indi with inline subscription to fazzet server will be able to enable new das clocks immo and keys

b7 clocks are not so easy for mileage correction and immo, you need to clone the engine ecu data to the dash for immo

wolf-ksiadz
18-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Hmmm,

I know what have to be done, because I done similar couple months ago when I changed 5 speed gear box for 6 speed.
Old clock couldn't read speed from ABS. Only clock produced from July 2002 can do it.

Was no problem to fit as a guy was a very clever man. Takes only 30 minutes to do it (cost me 40 pounds for his work).
Both spedometer are immo RB4 not RB8. (another thing there is possibility to fit RB8 to RB4 but need knowledge and special soft and computers). Anyway is not on my problem as I have RB4.
Need only read all info from old clock and computer put everything on new clock and recode immo on keys. I know its simple to write about what have to be done to sort issue but like I mentioned I've done that before :-)

Thanks

And one more thing. Clocks are used before not new one.

a8 tech
18-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Rb4 straight forward you can do it yourself with correct software which can't be mentioned on The forum

Sent from my iPhone using
My fat fingers

wolf-ksiadz
18-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Could you write little more on my email?

adrian@adran.co.uk