PDA

View Full Version : So what problems are you having?

TopherGeorge
17-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Helpfully the answer to this question will be "none", but that is not always the case.

I love my new Audi, defo the best car I have ever owned and beats the last a6 in a heart beat. However, I have had a few problems with rattling coming from the passenger air vent (being fixed) as well as it being vandalised (*********). Although have owned it since mid-sept and already have 5.5k on the clock.

So what's being going on with your new cars?

Guest 2
17-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I will (possibly) be changing my C6 for a C7 mid 2012 so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Hopefully by then most problems new owners like yourself have had will be ironed out :)

TopherGeorge
17-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm sure I'll come across some more problems as time goes on. Normally I wait a year or so after a car has come out before I buy it but for this one my heart took over. Although the longest I tend to own a car is 12/18 months before I get bored and it's time to change.

Will keep updating this post during the cars life with me.

SuperCharger28
17-12-2011, 11:44 PM
what engine type and spec do you reckon you might get chris?

Guest 2
17-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Probably the same as my current car - 3.0tdi quattro S-Line automatic (no Le Mans on the C7). A must have option would be MMI Touch and if I find a car with it, Head Up Display too along with full electric leather.

Wifey likes it too, she's dropped a few hints so things are looking well so far! ;)

TopherGeorge
18-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Sounds like the perfect spec to me! I used to have the last A6 with a TFSI but loving the new TDI engine! The only thing I wish I had added to the spec right now is heated seats!!! I need to source myself a new set of winter alloys and tyres, I think they are going to come in handy!

Guest 2
18-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I love my heated seats, couldnt do without them! I drove a 3.0TFSI C7 when it was first launched and the power was unreal, but because of the big mileage I do, I gotta stay diesel :(

Hopefully by August/September time, prices will have dropped a bit and a bit more selection in the Used Car area.

Edit - All my 'wants' in the attached PDF. I really like Oolong Grey, seen one in the showroom and fell in love. If a car with near that spec appeared, then it would probably be bought.

MFGF
19-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I am watching this thread with interest. My new car is due at the end of April, so hasn't been built yet. I hope any issues with squeaks and rattles will have been revised out of the build process by the time mine comes off the production line. :)

Cheers!

MF.

Guest 2
19-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I just remembered Mark, you'll have to remove yourself from the Le Mans club as you're leaving us for better things :(

MFGF
20-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I just remembered Mark, you'll have to remove yourself from the Le Mans club as you're leaving us for better things :(

Lol. Sounds like you will be just behind me! :) I specced my new A6 higher than my current Le Mans, so in my warped brain the new car will count as one. Sort of. :) That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!

Plan B might be to prise the Le Mans badge off the boot of my current car with a big rusty screwdriver and use a six inch nail to attach it to the new car when it arrives. I am full of bright ideas today! :D

TopherGeorge
20-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Ha I think you should put the le mans badge on the new one, defo limited edition. On an update finally got my car back from the Audi garage with the repairs done. The respray is perfect very impressed. Two annoying things, noticed today that the trim is slightly scratch on the door from someone being heavy handed. Not too noticeable. Grrrr

MFGF
20-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm glad they did a good job of the respray! You are having better luck than me by the sounds of things. Shame about the scratched trim, but I'm willing to bet that if you mention it to them, they might replace it for you. What was the other thing by the way?

I might consider getting a Le Mans badge off a well-known auction site - I will see how the mood takes me when the new car arrives.

Cheers!

MF.