PDA

View Full Version : A6 2.0TDI power loss

Murph100
24-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Just bought a 2005 A6 2.0 TDI 2 weeks ago from a non Audi dealer. The car has 50K miles with full Audi service history. Took it on a 500 mile trip and all was fine, however in the past week it has developed intermittent slow starting & juddery acceleration in 3,4,5 & 6th and can barely squeeze past 3000 rpm in the same gears, and uphill it just has no life.

Brought it back to the dealer I bought it from and his service guys couldn't even get into the diagnostics, but they were getting an upgrade they assured me....GREAT !

I took it to the Audi garage yesterday where they updated the software and swapped in a new MAF, but still no improvement. The only fault that did show up was a faulty EGR valve but they doubt that is the cause of the problems. They reckon the turbo is not kicking in properly but are 99% certain the turbo unit is fine.

They now want it back for a few days to check other valves and mentioned widening the parameters to get the turbo kicking in smoothly, sounds a bit like bull ?

Anyone have any ideas before Del Boy motors and the Audi dealer start fighting over my warranty and who is gonna pay for all this ?

Cheers,

Murph:beerchug:

stapiaudi
09-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi,
I have a 2005 A6 2.0TDi which seems to have the same symptoms as yours. Took it to a garage and they could not find anything wrong. It seems that no faults are reported.
Back on the road, and around 2000rpm, in second or third gear, I get intermittent loss of power, as if somebody is blocking the fuel going into the engine. Going beyond the 2000rpm, the car works well.
Audi could not figure it out. The valve has been changed but no change.
Please help as it is getting really annoying and expensive. Thanks!

nemerkh
10-11-2009, 12:31 AM
hi, similar case here. 55 reg 2.0 tdi. sudden loss of power, no juddering but as u mentioned gas to the floor couldnt get it above 2-2.5 rpm. Engine Management Light went on the dashboard, ment 400 quid for a new EGR valve with the job.
have you got any lights on the dashboard? anyways its in good hands now (audi dealer) but its long hands they have as well if you know what i mean...let us know what uve got there though

stapiaudi
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi... well is still bad news. Changing the EGR valve did not fix the problem. They now traced carbon into fuel filter and think the gas is escaping back into the fuel system. Got a quote for £3000 to change the cylinder head!!!!
This is really annoying! they changed £900 worth of parts and still did not find the problem. Now, they want an extra £3000 and to be honest I am not sure if this will fix the problem.
How is it possible that an Audi Service center cannot identify the problem sooner - before changing bits that did not need changing!!

nemerkh
02-12-2009, 09:07 AM
am sorry to hear that mate. its hard luck. am sure you can talk something over with the dealers, sometimes they have a bit of humanity left in them.