PDA

View Full Version : mmm has anyone noticed

smithy602179
14-12-2011, 10:56 AM
hi all
We're all on here for possibly the same reason in life to find answers to our lovely niggly faults on our beloved passats some are here to give advice and great advice too , helped point me in many a right direction. But there is one thing i have noticed (and yes I'm also guilty ) that once we have the info or cure to the problem that we were experiencing that none of us actually put on here if the solutions given to us were successful , the threads just stop and some of us are none the wiser about it ...... sorry for the whinging ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and thanks to all those who have helped myself and others .
:biglaugh::D:beerchug:

bristlenose
16-12-2011, 11:36 PM
your so right smithy,
we are all guiltly of mass non interaction these days unless it`s internet linked,i'm afraid it's all too common today.
perhaps we need a reply or else law.
keep up the moan and groan :) ;)

chipped3
17-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Agree, its very much to the detriment of the forum too. I tend to use other forums now so does need some comments by Admin. Needs to be a forum of both Questions & Answers not just Questions...............? Had to re-register as my original title Chipped2 wasn't recognised and my Email was recognised as being 'in use'!......so I couldn't re-register. Gave up for a while and eventually managed under a different title, so not really a 'newbie'.

Sam
19-12-2011, 12:44 PM
chipped3, you're using another forum because people don't post the outcome of their problems here?

Short of going round to each person's house and forcing them to reply, I'm not sure there's much we can do. It's the nature of a forum.

Edit; I can't see any users with the name Chipped2 - can you PM me your email address (the one that was shown as in use) and I'll see if I can get your older account reactivated.

portovechios
19-12-2011, 12:48 PM
It is a shame!

Once people have resolved the issue they forget to thank the forum, and post results good or bad.

There are loadsa good folks on here too

chipped3
19-12-2011, 01:19 PM
chipped3, you're using another forum because people don't post the outcome of their problems here?

Short of going round to each person's house and forcing them to reply, I'm not sure there's much we can do. It's the nature of a forum.

Edit; I can't see any users with the name Chipped2 - can you PM me your email address (the one that was shown as in use) and I'll see if I can get your older account reactivated.

I do not know how to do a PM on your Forum?..........and obviously do not want to post my email address. I emailed you direct some months ago to ask why I was unable access the forum and unable to re register with a new password as the auto reply kept saying my email address was already in use! Eventually I did manage to re-register with chipped3 and asked you to delete chipped2. My email address for chipped2 and chipped3 are the same so you should have it.

Do you have a link to doing a PM?

Sam
19-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Any emails I get directly I try to deal with within 72 hours, if I've missed yours I apologise profusely.

You don't have enough posts to PM, sorry, that was my error - please click the email link in my signature and I'll respond ASAP.

Sam
22-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I've received your PM - hopefully we'll have a resolve for you shortly.