PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus

ianfarnham
11-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Took me a while to get data link via Bluetooth connected to phone but finally sorted it. But a few odd things noticed. For example traffic queues and accidents on Motorways appear on the WRONG carriageway. If you switch to the Standard map the traffic queue hatched marking is on the correct lane and matches what it says in "Info". But on Google Earth map the queue is reversed onto the other lane (and if you have an active route the highlighted accident/queue icon is at the end of the problem rather than the start).

Has anyone else had this? It looks like a software glitch as clearly the sat nav is receiving the data.

PS the Google Earth is stunning - seems a bit like you are flying low over the landscape and can see all the features of the landscape!

dgarside
21-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi Ian,

How you finding the data usage on the MMI Nav Plus ??? have you used google earth much or the online services.

Just about to pick up my A6 and not sure how to handle data as I've got an iPhone 4 which isn't compatible.... I've been told.

Darren.

MFGF
22-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Just about to pick up my A6 and not sure how to handle data as I've got an iPhone 4 which isn't compatible.... I've been told.

I will be in the exact same situation in April. I thought at first I could get a PAYG sim for the dash, but I have been reading that the iPhone bluetooth link gets disconnected when the sim is inserted. If this could be overcome, I would be a happy boy! :)

MF.

dgarside
22-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Well come the 3rd January I'll be able to tell you.... I'm just about to order a 3 3GB data sim card ready for collection :-)

I'm hoping it doesn't disconnect bluetooth... been watching a few online movies, and the US version of the car has a standard T-Mobile fitted sim card. From what I can tell this doesn't disconnect the bluetooth phone as it seems to be standard fit.

We'll see...

Darren.

MFGF
22-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Well come the 3rd January I'll be able to tell you.... I'm just about to order a 3 3GB data sim card ready for collection :-)

I'm hoping it doesn't disconnect bluetooth... been watching a few online movies, and the US version of the car has a standard T-Mobile fitted sim card. From what I can tell this doesn't disconnect the bluetooth phone as it seems to be standard fit.

We'll see...

Darren.

It's interesting that the sim in the US doesn't disconnect the bluetooth... Hmmmm. I wonder if I should try a T-mobile sim in mine? It has to be worth a tenner to try it.

dgarside
23-12-2011, 11:13 PM
I watched one of the videos today again from Audi of America, and it definitely shows two signals, one for bluetooth and the other for the data sim.

I'll find out for sure a week on Tuesday (3rd).

Darren.

dgarside
12-01-2012, 10:18 AM
I have emailed Audi UK following similar feedback (they can't get it working either) from the dealer, but not got any reply as yet.....

Here's hoping for some kind of resolution..... :-(

Timothy Nathan
05-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I asked all the same questions when I ordered, and got the reply that if the phone does not support rSAP (as the iPhone doesn't) then you are stuffed.

Either
you use the iPhone only as a Bluetooth phone, and have no data services. you put a different SIM in the car slot and forward calls to your iPhone, but then outgoing calls appear to have been received from the outgoing number. you take the SIM out of the iPhone, put it in the car and switch off the iPhone. buy a new phone which does support rSAP.

A bit pants really!

The car is due for delivery in a few days, so I'll report back if any of the above is not right.