PDA

View Full Version : AUDI A4 TDI seized engine

oily-life
23-07-2007, 07:52 PM
My Nephew has seized his V6 TDI,2000 reg.where do we start........oil leak seized engine,it's totalled! we have been told to source a new engine.I have located a few engines roughly the same year and configeration but the engine codes are different what kind of problem's am i going to come across.
I'm new to forums and computers.so a bit of patiance would be grand.

a8 tech
23-07-2007, 09:04 PM
You will need to get hold of the exact engine code if possible as the newer version will have the componant protected fuel pump which has to be matched to the immobilizer and of cause there will also be wiring loom issues etc.If the engines are of the same year but differ in engine code,i suppose there shouldnt be to much of an issue as long as the dreaded componant protection isnt valid to that model.Check with audi parts and confirm

oily-life
23-07-2007, 10:38 PM
THANKS(a8 tech) i've been told this could be a minefield---to be more specific..the seized engine is a 2000 AFB ENGINE,,,,,,,,,,I've been offered a 2001 AKN ENGINE before i part with a lot of money,will this AKN go in,what about the ECU,alarm etc.many thanks

robstdi
03-02-2008, 03:47 PM
mines dropped a valve and destruyed itself and i'm desparatly looking for an akn engine?:o