PDA

View Full Version : Long Lead Time

shabazmo
08-12-2011, 12:13 AM
I, I mean my wife, has just driven the Q3 and thought it was a great car. Having driven the Range Rover Evoque, we felt that the Audi build was far superior and was also more refined. BUT, the lead tme for the Q3 is now 9 months. My dealership was only getting 20 units for 2012.
Not ready to order yet but maybe early next year.

onemanparty
15-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Lead time are long - But Evoque 12 months!!!

irwellman
03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I visited two dealerships today to order a Q3 SLine Auto TDi I was informed that if I ordered one today my delivery date would be Nov / Dec and one dealership said Jan 13
This made it very difficult to obtain a price for a trade in ( Audi A3 Black Edition ) as they would not commit themselves due to the long lead in time.
I was also informed that because a new A3 was due out in Sept this would also affect the price they would give to me.
I was told this long lead in time was due to quality control issues at the Spanish ex Seat factory where german quality control were knocking back Q3s.
Anyone else heard this?

shabazmo
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
We still have not orderred. I just can't get excited when there is no discount. I heard that the chinese market is getting all the Q3s and until the factory in Frosham, China is built early next year, shortages will remain, so I guess we will wait until next year. I am not that mean but we have 3 cars for 2 drivers, so no hurry.

irwellman
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM
You are quite correct about the discount there are non available thats the first thing the <removed> say to you.
Had to order one though they look great especially with the 19 inch wheels ordered mine in Glacier White with sat nav and the usual extras,
may change low bluetooth to high though as you can get google street view but didnt quite understand what the salesman was on a about regarding my iphone and something about the sim.
Roll on Christmas!!

I shall remember to read http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?48541-Referring-to-a-quot-Dealer-quot-as-someone-who-steals in future

Guest 2
04-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Have a look on the A6/7 forum about the Sim issues with the iPhone with Google.

Shabazmo, theres a new Q5 facelift coming out which looks good, not sure on the delivery times but IMHO its a better car than the Q3.

shabazmo
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Regarding street view with google, it is a great party piece but has no functional value. I only use it when showing off to friends. what is of great value is the search capability. you can search for anything on the web using the online google search facility and then navigate to it. But I guess you can do this on your iphone anyway.

Also I don't think iphone is compatible with some features on the AUDI, so do check before spending extra money.

shabazmo
04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Chris, you are probably right, but the Q5 is a bit too big for us, but I will look at the revised Q5 as there are discounts of about 10% to be had and that brings the price down to very near the Q3.

irwellman
04-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Regarding street view with google, it is a great party piece but has no functional value. I only use it when showing off to friends. what is of great value is the search capability. you can search for anything on the web using the online google search facility and then navigate to it. But I guess you can do this on your iphone anyway.

Also I don't think iphone is compatible with some features on the AUDI, so do check before spending extra money.

Thanks for this I was a bit let down when found out a little more about it. I had the silly impression it was live mapping as you drove along with instructions to boot.
Ive probably been watching star trek too much!

irwellman
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Just had a call from Audi with a new delivery date for the Q3 saying September with pick up mid October Yipeeee!

Julian Osborne
15-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Lead times for the Q3 are dropping like a stone (unlike the prices!) - Mine was ordered in January, was quoted Mid July for delivery, but got it first week in June - Others on the Q3 owners site are reporting dates coming forward too.