PDA

View Full Version : Rattle from passenger air vent

LukeCollins
07-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Has any one experienced a rattle from the passager air vent
Noise sounds like it is coming up the vent even when ac and heater is turned off.

Also noticed in the recent cold weather passenger door liner/ pocket is starting to creak and rattle as it warns up

Anyone else experience this

3l tdi 4 wd

ricky_s
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Yes, my passenger door liner does creak a bit sometimes.

ianfarnham
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Both my front door liners rattle. They seem to fit proud of the door - there is a gap between the liner and the door all round the edge. Some foam around the base seems to have quietened things down but my previous A6's have always been silent.

The passenger seat height adjust lever also rattles.

TopherGeorge
15-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Ha! Well my car is currently in the Audi dealership having its passenger Air Vent changed because of....you guessed it...A rattle thats been driving me nuts.

On a side note the day before it was due to go in someone tipped nail varnish over the damn thing so its being resprayed...and to make matters worse someone then revered into the exhaust in a car park. :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

I am due to get the car back tomorrow or monday, hopefully looking like new again. Its only 2 months old!

LukeCollins
16-01-2012, 09:43 PM
The rattle still continues, we have found out that its actually from the passanger speaker or speaker cover (mid range), waiting now for 2 weeks for the parts. The noise sounds like a relay chattering very quickly.