PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper problem

kpn
07-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Has this happened to any one else. The rear wiper comes on of its own accord. It will wipe for maybe 6 or seven times then stops. It still works with the wiper switch but does not always park in the correct position. One of my friends suggested that perhaps it could be a relay. Any ideas. A3 1.6 Sport `04.:1zhelp:

Mike Foster
08-12-2011, 02:35 PM
The wiper motor has been flooded inside by washer water which is a common problem.

The only remedy is to replace the wiper motor as the problem is in the actual motor itself (not in the overall casing) and cannot be opened.

About £100 to buy and easy to fit. Make sure you get one that has the washer feed feed running inside the spindle because that turns with the blade as required. Some advertisers on ebay offer cheaper ones that will physically fit but the washer nozzle stays in the same place and does not work with the A3.

phantomdox
17-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Had this happen on 3 of my 4 Audi's , as stated the washer motor floods and a quick solution is a replacement unit. Also on the A3's and A4's the washer hose feed from the front of the car runs along the headlining and thru the hinge onto the bootlid. Sometimes this splits and the water runs down into the boot and thru onto the motor itself.
Audi do a repair kit for the hose for £11 plus VAT, done it on my A4 and worked a treat.
Another option is to buy a VW rear wiper motor (for some reason they sell cheaper on ebay) and swap the inner components into ur audi shell. I done this on my A3 and its worked a treat ever since. Hope this helps !!

Boogaloo13
26-12-2011, 09:08 PM
This is most helpful as the exact same thing has just happend with my A3. Will try repair kit first.
Thank you peeps.

Boogaloo13
27-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know if there is a difference between part number 8L0 955 711B (Audi A6 Allroad) and 8E9 955 711 E (Audi A3). I need to buy a replacement rear wiper motor and have found second hand first part listed, will it fit my A3 2005?